It’s not that I don’t love him as much; I sit and get lost staring at him, wondering how he got such beautiful blue eyes and melting over his big smile.
It’s not that I don’t think he’s just as amazing; he’s brilliant. Literally, and I’m not just saying that cause I’m his mom. He’s so advanced for his age in everything he does! He’s my early bloomer. And I used to think maybe it was just because he’s the second child, but no, he does things that Piggie has never taught him. He’s just awesome, he gets all the credit for that.
So today, I wanted to write an update status for Dacky and myself. I want to be able to read back through my blog and smile as I remember what Dacky was doing and saying at 14 months. Cause they change so fast, amiright?!
Stats: I really don’t know, haha! He was in the 75th percentile for everything at his one year checkup, but he’s slimming down now and becoming so handsome!
What he says:
- mama, mom, mommy, mimi (wants to nurse), banana, brillan, Ellie, Bella, papa, grandma, agua, uses sign language for milk and eat, butterfly, out (outside), bye bye, hello, hi, oy, dah (yes) and several other words I can’t remember right now!
- breastmilk, yogurt, some fruit, spaghetti, cereal and crackers sometimes, aaaand that’s about it. He’s got the palate of a three year old…very picky and has to investigate his food for odd colors and textures before he’ll try it.
- When he wants to nurse, he signs for milk and says “mimi, mimi, mimi” over and over again very dramatically.
- He walks around all the time saying “billa billaaa, billa billaaaa” from a Spanish song about stars. He has everyone in the house saying “billa billaaaa, billa billaaa!”
- Whatever you ask him, he says “dah”. Which means yes, I’ve figured out. He says yes to everything lol, which is good! Always say YES to life baby boy!
- He’s running. Really fast.
- When he wakes up in the morning, he smiles at you and says “hi”.
- He tells me when he’s pooped. He says “pee pee” but to him that means poop. He walks up, grabs his diapers, and says “pee pee!” I say “Do you want me to change your diaper?” “Dah.”
- If by 4pm we haven’t gone outside, he’ll bring me his shoes and demand to be taken out. There is no saying no to Dacky.
- Don’t try to hold his hand in a parking lot.
- Don’t try to put him in a shopping cart the normal way, he has to ride in the full cart section, standing up and pointing at everything he sees.
- He’s an instigator. We’ve caught him multiple times hitting Yadiel or taunting him. He’s not as innocent as he appears!
- He climbs up slides the opposite way, he climbs onto tables, onto beds and off of beds, into cabinets and closets, into cars and on top of toys. He’s a daredevil.
- 3 Ways Imaginative Play Helps Your Child Grow - July 28, 2020
- 10 Horrific Things I’ve Been Forced to Say as a Mom of Boys - March 16, 2020
- The Stages of Night Weaning a Boob-Obsessed Toddler - March 7, 2020