Writing a book! I’ve always thought to myself that I’d write a book “one day”, but I’m starting to realize that “one day” will never come any easier than right now. Plus it’s not that hard to self-publish your own book these days; I really have no excuse.
Still reading Get Rich, Lucky Bitch (affiliate link)…this book hasn’t been an easy read for me. Or I should say I keep putting it down because I don’t want to face my issues with worth and money. Although I’m obsessed with Denise and her blog and youtube videos, she hypes me up and inspires me constantly. And total coincidence she posted about writing your own book this past week…the universe is practically screaming at me to write a book!
I’m totally obsessed with Downton Abbey right now. I had stopped at season 2 a long time ago because it’s all Netflix had and now I’m finally catching up through Amazon streaming. One thing I hate is that every thought I have and every book I read is in an English accent now.
I don’t know if this really counts as doing but I’m having my blog transferred over to WordPress this Friday, eeeeeeeek!!! This is long overdue, I know. I can’t believe I managed on Blogger for this long with the lack of design elements since I’m such a freak at trying to perfect blog design and layout. Blogger blogs can be made to look great of course, but WordPress…ahh WordPress blogs…the level of design they can have and all of the cool features just sends me over the edge.
Piggie turns 4 this week and Dacky turned 2 last week. Their birthdays are a week apart exactly. It was hard for Piggie to accept that it wasn’t his birthday first…he mentioned numerous times that he didn’t want it to be Dacky’s birthday anymore. But he hung in there for the most part and enjoyed the day with Dacky. And Dacky…his smile couldn’t have gotten any bigger.
Goals for this month
1. Severely limit social media time. I think ever since the Huffington Post article happened, I got into this rut of checking my phone too much because during the height of my post, I was getting all kinds of notifications. Now I need to step away.
2. Focus within. Again referring back to number 1, I don’t want to complain and say that I felt exposed or overwhelmed, but I’m an introvert and can only handle so much outside attention or excitement before I start to feel weirdly stressed. I love the rush of a successful post, but I learned this month that there’s a certain way to handle it for my personality type. I need to continually make alone time for myself every day, especially when something exciting is happening.
3. Try to remember to shower and feed my kids when my blog transfers over to WordPress. I have a feeling I’ll be obsessed with perfecting it all weekend and not much else.
4. Take photos for blog. I need some new headshots. My main one is from two years ago!
5. Stretch once a day. Instead of saying work out X amount of times a week, which I know I won’t do, I’ll start with stretching. I love stretching because it feels amazing and it doesn’t overwhelm the lazy girl inside me. Baby steps.
What are your goals for the month? Anything exciting happening?
- 10 Horrific Things I’ve Been Forced to Say as a Mom of Boys - March 16, 2020
- The Stages of Night Weaning a Boob-Obsessed Toddler - March 7, 2020
- Choosing a Homeschool Desk for Your Homeschool Room - March 7, 2020