This sandwich is inspired by Chick-Fil-A, because when I was pregnant, I would stop by on my way to work and devour their chicken salad sandwich and a lemonade.
Things I like about Chick-Fil-A’s chicken salad sandwich:
1. toasted bread
2. leafy romaine lettuce
3. very moist salad
4. very minced up chicken
Nowadays, I have to have my chicken salad sandwich prepared in this way or else it’s just not appealing, haha!
4 cups shredded chicken
1 cup sliced, bite-sized celery
1/4 cup minced green onions
2 cups mayo
Splash of vinegar
1. To mince chicken, put in food processor and rough chop it until chicken looks soft and all big pieces are gone. Add celery and green onions, salt and pepper to taste, splash of vinegar, and 1 cup of mayo. Stir to combine, and keep adding mayo to desired consistency. I usually use up to 2 cups because I love it moist. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
2. Toast bread, spread on chicken salad, and add a romaine lettuce leaf. This goes amazing with some lemonade or sweet tea :]
I swear it has to be a pregnant lady’s favorite lunch.
|I used red onions today because I was out of green, but this is went well!|
- 10 Horrific Things I’ve Been Forced to Say as a Mom of Boys - March 16, 2020
- The Stages of Night Weaning a Boob-Obsessed Toddler - March 7, 2020
- Choosing a Homeschool Desk for Your Homeschool Room - March 7, 2020