Here were her questions for me:
1. What ONE piece of advice do you have for anyone thinking about starting their own blog?
The more you do it, the better you’ll get at it and the more you’ll enjoy it. (Although that doesn’t mean there won’t be lag periods where you’ll feel uninspired to write, but you’ll come out of those!)
2. If you didn’t have a blog, how do you think you would spend your time?
I would definitely watch more tv at night after the kids were in bed. Blogging is the only real reason I don’t watch much tv, because I’d rather write.
3. Favorite activities or past times?
Reading, photography, and journaling. I read every night before bed, take photos of moments I see throughout the day, and journal at least once a week.
4. Your house is on fire and your family is safe. You have time to grab one item. What would it be and why?
I have these boxes for my boys that I call my “memory boxes”, and they’re full of things like umbilical cords (true story) first outfits, first toothbrushes, etc. I also have one for myself, with things like old journals, dried flowers, degrees, etc. So I’d cheat and try to make a run for it with all three boxes loaded up in my arms.
5. Favorite childhood toy?
Barbie, hands down. I played with my Barbies until I was like 14, and then only stopped because I didn’t want anyone finding out I still played with them. (And then The Sims was invented, it’s Barbies for adult women! Woo!!)
6. Favorite holiday spot?
San Diego!!! We go there every summer. We’ve considered moving there but I always stop the dream because I’m afraid to move away from family (it’s only a 6 hour drive!!!) because I’d feel rude. Although that feeling is changing.
7. Chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream?
That’s a really tough and unfair question! I’m going to go with vanilla ice cream, but it has to have chocolate syrup or chocolate crushed up cookies in it.
8. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles?
It depends on the distance, but by car is really easiest with small children. I feel much more in control because we can stop when they’re freaking out, etc.
9. Favorite animal or pet?
I don’t really have one. I love cute, little, non-threatening animals.
10. How do you balance work and home? What is your secret?
Ha, I wish I had a secret to tell! I’m a stay-at-home mom, so I feel like my battle is between keeping up with the household things but not ignoring my kids all day to do so (not that they would let me ignore them so I could clean, even if I tried to…and I’ve tried). Really the thing that helps me the most is to stick to a schedule. Unloading the dishwasher in the morning, doing quick tidy ups throughout the day, doing one main chore a day (honestly it’s usually just vacuuming the living area and anything else is bonus) cleaning up the kitchen at night and starting a load of dishes before bed. If I keep up with it, I don’t feel overwhelmed. Same for my blog, I try to keep an editorial calendar so I always have something to write about. Schedules, schedules, schedules!!!
And since I’m horrible at nominating anyone because I feel like I put them on the spot, if you’re a blogger, feel free to consider yourself nominated if you’d like and answer these questions on your blog! These are all blogging related.
1. What do you love the most about blogging?
2. How do you find the time to keep up with all the aspects related to blogging (posting, reading, commenting, responding, etc)?
3. Does your family know about your blog and does this affect what you blog about?
4. If you didn’t blog, what would you be doing with that time?
5. Have you been in a blogging rut and how did you pull yourself out of it?
6. Have you ever considered leaving the blogging world and why? What stopped you?
7. Show some blog love: name another blog that you adore?
8. What’s your favorite social media outlet for sharing your blog posts?
9. What’s one thing you’ve learned about yourself since you started blogging?
10. Any new blogging plans or ideas for the new year?!
Let me know if you do a post answering these questions so I can be sure to read your answers! And title it whatever you want, like “Jessica’s Annoying All-Blog-Related-Questions Interview”. Hope you guys have a great weekend!