Holy crap these are easy to make. I found the recipe from this cute blog. I always seem to mess bread up somehow, and since I didn’t with these I would assume this recipe is fool proof! These are sooo soft! Awesome with butter of course.
1 Hour Rolls
- 1 c. warm water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1/3 c. flour
- In a kitchenaid mixer bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes until yeast mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in salt and beaten egg to yeast mixture.
- Gradually add flour. Dough will be kind of sticky, but add enough flour until it’s manageable. Let dough rest in the kitchenaid bowl for 10 minutes.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and form dough into balls. Place balls so they don’t touch on a cookie sheet (18″ x 26″ pan). Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Makes about 24 rolls. (Mine only made 14, so maybe it isn’t a completely fool-proof recipe bahaha!)
|Warm water, sugar, oil, and yeast standing for 15 mins.|
|After 15 mins.|
|After adding the rest of the ingredients. Sticky but manageable is your goal.|
|Rolls before sitting for 20 mins. I did a little maneuver of pinching them off so the top would be smooth. That’s the best way I can describe that, sorry.|
|After 20 mins, ready to go in oven.|
|Fresh out of the oven, lightly browned on top.|
Get posts delivered to your inbox
- 10 Horrific Things I’ve Been Forced to Say as a Mom of Boys - March 16, 2020
- The Stages of Night Weaning a Boob-Obsessed Toddler - March 7, 2020
- Choosing a Homeschool Desk for Your Homeschool Room - March 7, 2020