This little freak. I love how he scoots around the house on this thing.
And can I just say that my house looks empty, not because we don't have anything, but because it's either been torn up or removed before it was torn up. All of our tables and shelves are empty. Dacky tore the doors off of our entertainment center...
We are minimalists, not by choice, but by necessity. Although I kind of like it.
I did a major overhaul in their toy room this past week. Besides getting rid of all the toys they don't play with, I divided up the toys they do play with (or were too nice to part with) and put them in different baskets. Each basket has toys that go together, and when they are done playing, the basket is put up out of reach and rotated with other baskets. That way, they aren't overwhelmed with options.
They are playing so much now!! And with toys they hadn't played with in months because they were piled under other toys and scattered around the room! It's awesome. My kids are always in pajamas, by the way. I will never be one of those blogs with the house or kids that make you drool...sorry!
I've been reading this book on homeschooling. Loving it! I've been setting up our playroom to be more of a homeschool preschool room, hence the baskets so it's not just a let's-destruct-everything playroom. I'm hoping homeschool preschool will be a nice warm-up to "real" homeschooling when he starts kindergarten in two years.
Setting up his preschool. He likes this alphabet that I stuck to the bottom of the wall.
This is Dacky 24/7. A shirt, diaper, and one shoe on the wrong foot. And random super hero masks.
When I ask Piggie how old he is.
I've rediscovered the library! I was a weakling the first year of having a baby and a toddler and I didn't leave my house much. But now, I'm braving the outside world with these two by myself and the library is going to be a new regular. They have a castle and all kinds of cool play areas!
Watching his new favorite movie, Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
I'd been wanting to make homemade playdoh for a long time and finally made a batch for Piggie the other day. I used this recipe. It was the easiest thing ever and I'm really impressed with the quality of homemade playdoh! It stays fresh and easily becomes soft again. It feels better too than the storebought stuff.
This week's goals + to-do's:
- Remember to check emails on time and make sure I don't miss any time sensitive ones. Lord, help me with this one...
- Do something special for my mom, her birthday is this week. So far all I have planned is a cake and surprising her with the boys. Or is that the opposite of a gift?....
- Manage my time better this week...I can't keep going to bed late, I think I'm actually dying from chronic lack of sleep. I could pass out right now and it's only 4:15 PM.
- Clean the house tomorrow. This will be week number 4 that I've cleaned the whole house on Monday. It's waaaay easier for me than doing something daily.
- There's probably more but I can't remember.
What are you up to this week?!
Leave a Reply