I’m Jessica, welcome to my little space, where I like to share honest, relatable mom-life stories. My two boys are almost 5 and 3, they’re two years apart exactly. I wrote about their home births here and here. Currently I’m in that torturous phase of being pretty sure I’m done having babies but pathetically weeping every time I come across a baby blanket or photo. It’s bad, ya’ll. Tell me it’s happening to you too?
Our newest adventures are homeschooling, so I’ll be sharing about that every month. Some of you may know that I wrote a book and was writing personal development tips here on Pig & Dac, but it didn’t feel like a good flow so I moved that subject over to it’s own site, jessicadimas.com. If you’re into the law of attraction and things of that nature, be sure to check it out!
A few facts about me:
- I was married at 19. I really want to write a post on my thoughts around the subject of marrying young and how I feel about it.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology. I worked in social services before I became a stay-at-home mom. I’ve always really been drawn to working with women and helping them in whatever way I could. I feel like this blog sort of lets me do that, just in the connection I make with other moms and letting them know that they aren’t the only ones who feel this way or experience this or that.
- I live in Phoenix, AZ and I love it. I’ve thought about moving several times but I can never fully get myself to that place of being 100% about it. There’s just no place like home!
- Everyone asks me if I’m sad I don’t have a girl. I do have a post I’m going to write on the one thing I am sad about as far as not having the experience of a daughter, but otherwise I really love being a mom to boys.
- I’m an introvert; I love to be at home in comfy clothes with my Mac or a book or my journal or my very large Nutella jar and Netflix.
- I feel most happy when I’m writing or creating things. And by creating things I mean writing pretty much; worksheets, workbooks, printables, schedules, etc.
- I’m really into the law of attraction as I mentioned above, setting positive intentions, visualizing, etc. It’s why I created a whole other website just for that topic. It’s just changed my life so much, it’s hard for me to not think or talk about!
- What else…I’m a sugar addict.
Thank you for stopping by my blog! I really hope you stay awhile and reach out anytime you’d like. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see here. Follow me below and let’s keep in touch:
If you’d like to contact me, please fill out the form below and I’ll get back to you within 48 hours!